You’ve heard the saying that water soothes the soul. It’s more than just fluff! Studies have shown that the sound of running water can cause you to slow your breathing subconsciously, thereby lowering your heart rate and blood pressure.
Whether you are considering adding a few new features to your landscape design or are starting a design from scratch, including a water feature is a fantastic idea.
Five Reasons a Water Feature is the Perfect Choice
It is true that the sound of water can reduce your stress, but there are other benefits to installing a water feature within your landscape design. Here are five reasons to keep in mind.
- Wildlife—If you are a lover of nature, a water feature will soon become the most important part of your garden. Flowing water attracts squirrels, birds, rabbits and other animals.
- Curb Appeal—You want the best looking landscape design in the neighborhood. A water feature will add to the curb appeal of your home.
- Home Value—When you add a well-designed water feature to your yard, your home’s property value instantly rises.
- Noise Pollution—We all have neighbors that talk too loud or cars that drive by with the music turned up too high. A trickling pond or fountain will reduce the noise pollution in your yard.
- Air Quality—Flowing water releases negative ions. These negative ions improve the quality of the air.
If you are wondering what to add to your landscape, a water feature should be your first choice. Imagine sitting next to your pond or fountain and letting the stress of the day melt away.
When you add a water feature to your current or new landscape design, you raise the value of your home, reduce noise pollution and add to your home’s curb appeal. There may be nothing better to add to your yard or garden.